Laced in religious history, Israel is a popular destination with pilgrims. However with the buzzing nightlife of Tel Aviv, the extraordinary Dead Sea, and the delicious cuisine, Israel holidays are more than touring ancient sacred sites.
Things to Do in Israel
- Spend a day or two in Tel Aviv. Unwind on the Mediterranean beaches, tour the Old Town, and haggle for a bargain at the Carmel Market.
- Dine on your Middle Eastern favourites. Falafel, hummus, and shawarma are all widely and cheaply available throughout Israel, as well the must-try shakshooka – a mixture of tomatoes, onion, garlic, spices and poached egg.
- Tour the city of Jerusalem. Our top picks include the Wailing Wall, the Holy Sepulchre, and the Mount of Olives.
- Float in the Dead Sea. Known as the lowest point on earth, the Dead Sea’s clay is renowned as possessing various healing properties for your skin.
- Marvel at the Baha’i Gardens in Haifa. One of the most beautiful gardens in the world, the Baha’i Gardens are a UNESCO site and a memorial to the founders of the Baha’i Faith.
Best Time to Visit
Apr-May: Probably the best time to visit Israel, with temperatures averaging around 18°C. Winters are generally cool, around 9°C, and can bring rain and sometimes snow in mountainous areas.
Israel weather boasts a Mediterranean climate with hot summers and mild winters. From the months of June to August, temperatures can reach over 30°C so it might be best to avoid travelling at this time.
You should note that Israel is a predominantly Jewish country, so many shops, businesses, and even public transport may shut down during major Jewish holidays.
Visit Jerusalem from June 15-22nd for the Jerusalem Light Festival and watch the city's Old Town become ablaze with rainbow coloured light installations.
Take a trip in late August for the Red Sea Jazz Festival. This jazzy soiree features 8-9 concerts a night in various venues on the Eilat Harbour overlooking the Red Sea.
Why We Love It“Israel is a great holiday destination for history lovers. There are so many ancient historical sites to see, and the Baha'i Gardens in Haifa are a must-do! They're incredibly beautiful.”
Andre Migliarina, Sales Executive