Abu Dhabi Holidays
A glittering oasis of towering skyscrapers and glitzy resorts, Abu Dhabi is the capital of UAE. Abu Dhabi holidays offer golden beaches, unbelievable shopping, and extraordinary tourist attractions.
Things to Do in Abu Dhabi
- Take a trip to Yas Island. Home to the world’s fastest rollercoaster, the world’s largest water park, and a Formula 1 racing track, Yas Island is a mecca to adrenaline addicts.
- Become awe-struck by the Sheilkh Zayed Grand Mosque. This magnificent white mosque houses the world’s largest chandelier and dome, and is begging to be Instagramed. Be sure to dress appropriately – women should bring a head scarf.
- Withdraw some gold at the Emirates Palace Hotel. Claiming to be the most luxurious hotel in the emirate, Emirates Palace restaurant serves pastries topped with edible gold leaf and an ATM that dispenses authentic gold bars instead of cash.
- Check out the view from the world’s most lopsided structure. Abu Dhabi’s Capital Gate boasts an astounding 18 degree lean, making it more slanted than the Learning Tour of Pisa.
Best Time to Visit
Nov-Mar: Ideal time to plan you Abu Dhabi holidays as the temperatures tend to remain between 22°C and 32°C. In the summer months, temperatures can reach over 40°C, so we'd advise against travelling during these months.
You should note that Abu Dhabi is a Muslim city, and observes Ramadan. So many restaurants may be closed for the month, or operating reduced hours. Food is generally served during the day in hotels. Alcohol is also generally served after sunset.
Visit in March for the Abu Dhabi Festival. This three-week-long arts festival features a mix of classical music, ballet and theatre, with performances by top international stars.
Movie buffs should take a trip mid-October for the Abu Dhabi Film Festival for ten days of films and documentaries from around the globe, as well as celebrity appearances by members of Hollywood and Bollywood.
Why We Love It“Abu Dhabi is a fantastic destination for anyone looking to indulge. There is so much to do but my favourites would have to be the Sheilkh Zayed Grand Mosque and the shopping”.
Becci Franklin, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 6
- Excellent Approval Rating: 27.67%