Few destinations possess such a selection of world-famous attractions as Dubai. With the world's tallest building and largest shopping mall, and the colossal Palm Islands, Dubai holidays are packed with wonder.
Things to Do in Dubai
- With over 1000 shops and the Gold Souq, Dubai Mall is a shopaholic’s dream. If you’re not into shopping, there’s also a giant aquarium, an ice rink, and an indoor theme park devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Sample some delicious Pakistani curries for an unbelievably cheap price in Ravi restaurant.
- Head to the top of the Burj Khafila for an impressive panorama of the city from the tallest building in the world.
- Visit the Jumeirah Mosque. Usually non-Muslims are prohibited from entering Dubai's mosques but the "open doors, open minds" project allows visitors to tour the mosque and ask questions about Islam.
Best Time to Visit
Nov-Apr: Probably the best time to plan your Dubai holidays, when the weather is much milder, with average temperatures between 19°C and 26°C.
Dubai weather is hot all year round, and unbearably hot from June to September. Temperatures can reach over 40°C, so we would advise against visiting during these months.
You should note that Dubai is a Muslim area, and observes Ramadan. Some restaurants may either be closed for the month, or operating reduced hours. Food is usually served during the day in hotels. Alcohol is also generally served after sunset.
Shopaholics should check out the Dubai Shopping Festival in January. A month of reduced prices in every mall, and plenty of live entertainment, this festival is such a success that they've started a summer festival, Dubai Summer Surprises, too.
Visit late March or late October for Dubai Fashion Week. Have a look at the latest designs and trends at the Middle East's leading fashion event.
Why We Love It“Dubai is a spectacular city. It's completely different from anywhere else in the world. Dubai Mall is amazing, not just for the shopping but for the aquarium and the fountain show in the evening”.
Becci Franklin, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 30
- Excellent Approval Rating: 32.33%
- We liked how we could select different airlines this helped us find the best flights for us.
I had been referred to another provider before that & could not book with my credit card for some technical reason, which I couldn't identify. Whilst this price was cheaper, it was irrelevant as I couldn't book it.
Overall, a very satisfactory experience. let's hope that the flights go as well.
Thank you GoHop.