Home to Carnaval and the sultry samba, Brazil possesses an intoxicating energy. Brazil holidays offer golden beaches, the world’s largest rainforest, and unrivalled wildlife.
Things to Do in Brazil
- See the spectacular city sights of Rio de Janeiro. Marvel at Christ the Redeemer, lounge on the famous Copacabana Beach, or discover the legendary nightlife in the “Marvellous City”.
- Nature lovers should visit the Pantanal. As the world’s largest wetland, the Pantanal is an ideal area for spotting jaguars, tapirs, monkeys and rainbow-coloured macaws. If the thought of a swampland puts you off; just google-image it, you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
- Another must-do is a visit to the Amazon Rainforest. Go bird watching, or meet with an indigenous tribe and learn their traditional customs. Manaus, the gateway city to the Amazon is also well-worth a tour.
- Tour the Brazilian side of Iguazu Falls. Take a helicopter ride around the waterfalls for some seriously good vistas and enviable photographs.
- Sample some Brazilian barbeque. Churrascarias, as it’s known as in Brazil is a selection of grilled and seasoned meats. For restaurants, we recommend Giuseppe Grill in Rio.
Best Time to Visit
Brazil weather tends to be hot all year round, with temperatures generally remaining between 20 and 30°. Brazil is a year-round holiday destination, however due to its size the best time to visit Brazil depends on what you want to do.
The best time to visit the Amazon and the Pantanal is from April to October. Rio de Janeiro is ideal from March to September, while the Northeast is lovely from August to March.
Ring in the New Year on Rio’s world-famous Copacabana Beach. Drawing a crowd of 2 million, Copacabana’s New Year’s Eve bash features live bands, midnight fireworks, and lots of dancing.
Visit Rio the week before Ash Wednesday for Carnaval. Be dazzled by the parades of floats, feathers, and diamante-clad dancers; or join in the caipirinha-fuelled samba at the various street parties throughout the city.
Don’t worry if you can’t make it to Carnaval, as the city of Natal celebrates carnival in December! As the biggest off-season Carnaval in the country, Carnatal is a great substitute for anyone who misses the Easter festival.
Why we love it“Brazil is an incredible destination with wonderful cities, but it’s the wildlife is truly amazing. A trip to the Pantanal should be on every Brazil holiday hit list, it’s one of the best wildlife watching spots in the world.”
Michael Harrington, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 10,444
- Excellent Approval Rating: 98.50%