A tropical island drifting between the Caribbean and Atlantic Ocean, Antigua is paradise. Antigua holidays offer white beaches, crystal-clear seas, and endless excitement at every turn.
Things to Do in Antigua
- Take a tour of Stingray City. Feed and swim with Southern stingrays at this gorgeous coral reef. Some of the stingrays are so tame they even play with humans.
- Discover Antigua’s not-so-sweet history at Betty’s Hope. Built in 1674, these two sugar mills are all that remains of Antigua’s first sugar plantation.
- Sample the lobster at Turner’s Beach Bar. Served in a sauce with pineapple and peppers, Turner’s Beach Bar knows how to do lobster. When dining at night, you can see a distant orange glow from the volcano on Monserrat.
- Photograph the Devil’s Bridge. This naturally-formed limestone walkway crosses over crashing Atlantic waves and offers some beautiful photo opportunities. Be warned it can get very slippery, so cross at your own risk.
Best Time to Visit
May-Jul: Hotel prices tend to drop in May, although temperatures should stay warm with very little chance of rain. Antigua tends to remain hot and sunny all year-round, with temperatures averaging between 25°C and 28°C. The main dry season runs from January to May, although this is also peak season so expect crowds and higher room prices.
July to November is classed as hurricane season in Antigua. However, hurricanes are rare and it’s more likely you’ll experience a couple of rainy days and discounted hotels.
Visit around July/August for Carnival. A ten-day extravaganza of colourful costumes, live music, parades, and pageantry, Carnival is not to be missed.
Celebrate Antigua’s Independence Day in November with a week-long festival of parades and food fairs.
- Total Feedback: 10,482
- Excellent Approval Rating: 98.50%
Thanks so much