White beaches, sugarcane rum, gorgeous grottos, and a colourful local arts scene; Barbados is bliss. Whether you want to sail the island or laze on a beach, Barbados holidays are always a luxury.
Things to Do in Barbados
- Unwind on one of Barbados’ breath-taking white beaches. Bottom Bay, Foul Bay and Carlisle Bay are our favourites.
- Rum drinkers should take a Mount Gay rum tour and learn all about the rum-making process while sampling some of the produce yourself.
- Be sure to get some photos of Barbados' gorgeous natural wonders. Harrison's Cave, Animal Flower Cave, and Flower Forest are all must-sees.
- Head to Oistins Fish Fry for a Friday night dinner. Sample some seriously tasty barbequed chicken and fish, and chill out to reggae tunes.
Best Time to Visit
Barbados weather remains sunny through every season. With daily temperatures averaging about 26-27°, and an average sea temperature of 27-29°, we consider Barbados a year-round holiday destination.
The best time to visit Barbados is from December to April (dry season), however this is also peak season so be warned that prices may be higher.
June to October is hurricane season, although hurricanes are rare so this doesn’t deter many travellers. Also rates are lower, so some visitors favour this time for Barbados holidays.
Take a trip in August for the Crop Over Festival. Featuring music, costume, and showcasing Barbadian culture, Crop Over comes from the tradition of plantation slaves celebrating the end of their harvest work.
Why We Love It“Barbados is such a gorgeous holiday destination. The island has so much natural beauty and lots of activities. Hunte’s Gardens are a must-do, they’re very beautiful.”
Sue Power, Senior Travel Consultant
- Total Feedback:1
- Excellent Approval Rating:100%