Lined with colonial architecture, booming with beatbox salsa and scented with Cuban coffee, Havana is a treat to all the senses. Havana holidays are ideal for lovers of history, music, and classic cars.
Things to Do in Havana
- Watch the sunset over the Malecon. Lined with crumbling colonial buildings and bordered by the glittering sea, Cuba’s boardwalk is irresistible in the evening.
- Discover Havana’s booming music scene. Salsa, rumba, timba, trova, conga, mambo, bolero, son, and jazz, Cuban music is intoxicating.
- Stop by the Plaza de Armas for the book market, held every day except Sundays. Browse the stalls of second-hand books, retro posters and vintage vinyl lining Havana’s oldest square – perfect for picking up some quirky souvenirs.
- Play chess in the park. Or dominos? Havana’s plazas are lined with locals engaging in this classic pastime so why not join them? Afterwards, head to a café for a Cuban coffee.
Best Time to Visit
Havana weather is sunny and warm regardless of season. Due to its summery climate we consider Havana a year-round holiday destination, although November to April has the best weather.
Visit Havana around February for the Habanos Cigar Festival. A festival celebrating the world-famous Habano cigar, with a selection of activities such as plantation visits, master classes and cigar-rolling contests.
Why We Love It
[Dave] “Havana is one of the best cities in the world. It’s so unique and so colourful. I would definitely recommend visiting a salsa bar and experiencing the famous Cuban nightlife”.
- Total Feedback: 3
- Excellent Approval Rating: 50.00%