The Caribbean’s most iconic island, Cuba boasts a glittering coastline, unique culture and a fascinating history. Think crumbling colonial architecture, historic sites, and salsa bars on your Cuba holidays.
Things to Do in Cuba
- The elegant plazas lined with colonial buildings in Old Havana have a great selection of bars and restaurants. Take a stroll down the Malecon at sunset, and be sure to visit the Plaza de Armas Book Market – a personal favourite.
- Sample some Cuban coffee. Less famous than the country’s cigars and rum, Cuban coffee is seriously delicious – try it and you’ll understand.
- Roll a Cuban cigar. Visit one of the island’s many tobacco plantations and try your own hand at rolling one of these iconic cigars.
- Lounge on one of Cuba’s beaches. White sands, sparkling seas, swaying palm trees, and an infinite supply of mojitos and daiquiris – what more could you want? Our top picks are Varadero and Cayo Coco.
Best Time to Visit
Nov-Apr: When the weather is hot but not too humid – be warned: Christmas is peak season. Generally speaking, Cuba holidays are pretty perfect any time of the year, as Cubans (unfairly) just don't ever have to experience low temperatures.
Take a trip around February for the Habanos Cigar Festival. This celebration of the world-famous Habano cigar features master classes, tastings, cigar-rolling contests and plantation visits.
Visit Santiago de Cuba in July for Carnaval. Watch this historic city transform into a dazzling display of colourful costumes, rhythmic drum beats and salsa dancing.
Be advised, hurricane season runs from June to November with most of the storms taking place in September. However there is little risk of a serious storm, and a lot of travellers holiday in September for the reduced prices.
Why We Love It
“I love Cuba, I’ve been there numerous times and I’m still not tired of it. The beaches and culture are two of my favourite things about the island, but I have to say Havana is a must-see too.”
Dave Green, Senior Travel Consultant
- Total Feedback: 1
- Excellent Approval Rating: 25.00%