Dominican Republic Holidays
White beaches, turquoise seas, and endless sunshine, is only part of what the Dominican Republic has on offer. Think crystal waterfalls, colourful birdlife, and local crafts on your Dominican Republic holidays.
Things to Do in Dominican Republic
- Lounge on some the Dominican Republic’s breath-taking white beaches. Bavaro Beach, Macoa Beach, and Bahia de Las Aguilas are our favourite beaches.
- Discover Damajaqua Cascades and Ciguapa Falls. Take a hike through the jungle surrounding these breath-taking waterfalls, and then cool off with a swim in the crystal pools.
- Shop for traditional crafts in Altos de Chavon. Located in La Roma, Altos de Chavon is a replica of a 16th century artisans' village.
- Take a trip to Lake Enriquillo to see the flamingos and iguanas, or head to Parque Nacional Isla Cabritos, an island located in the lake’s centre boasting one of the largest reserves of American crocodiles.
Best Time to Visit
Mar-May: Just as the peak season winds down with hotels dipping in price combined with the great sunshine make this the best time for Dominican Republic holidays. Dominican Republic weather remains sunny all year-round with an average temperature of 23°C-27°C.
Hurricane season lasts from June to November, although many holidaymakers don’t let this deter them as storms are closely monitored. However you can expect more humidity and more rainfall.
Take a trip a trip around 27th of February to celebrate the Dominican Republic’s Independence Day. Cumulating in the Dominican Carnival, this festival involves big parties in all the major cities and battle re-enactments in Santo Domingo.
Why We Love It“Dominican Republic is a great holiday destination. I can’t recommend zip lining through the rainforest enough, it’s such a thrill.”
Dave Green, Senior Travel Consultant
- Total Feedback: 10,484
- Excellent Approval Rating: 98.50%
Thanks so much