Home to reggae music and a delicious fusion of cuisines, Jamaica lies adrift in the sparkling Caribbean Sea. Jamaica holidays are loaded with sun-soaked beaches and natural beauty.
Things to Do in Jamaica
- Chill out on Seven Mile Beach. A seven mile stretch of powdery white sands and shady coconut trees, this is our top beach in Jamaica. We also love Bloody Bay.
- Go Jamaican bobsledding. Mystic Mountain’s one-man “bobsleds” are more of a rollercoaster ride through rainforests and mountains, but they are undeniably fun.
- Have dinner at Rick’s Cafe and enjoy a show of cliff-diving daredevils and one of the most spectacular sunsets in Jamaica.
- Visit the Bob Marley Museum. Pay homage to the king of reggae at his former house and recording studio on 56 Hope Road.
Best Time to Visit
Nov-Dec: Just after the Caribbean hurricane season comes to a close, the clouds begin to clear but hotels usually haven't spiked yet. Jamaicans do know how to throw a party at any time of year, but Junkanoo in December is pretty special.
High season runs from mid-December to mid-April (Christmas and Spring Break are especially busy) when the weather is best and the prices are higher. We would recommend Jamaica as a year-round holiday destination, although June to November is hurricane season. There is little need to worry as storms are closely monitored, and rarely anything extreme.
Reggae fans should check out Bob Marley Week in Kingston. Held early February each year, this celebration features reggae concerts, arts and crafts fairs, and food festivals.
Visit Negril in early August for the Red Stripe Dream Weekend for a celebration of food, drink, and live music.
- Total Feedback: 10,480
- Excellent Approval Rating: 48.50%
Thanks so much